- Our actions do not move God but He smiles on the one who is moved by His Word
- Those who shame those who tremble at God’s law and Gospel will be put to shame
- The salvation of God’s people comes in a moment and it is sure
- Joy, peace, comfort, and glory are only found in the Bride of the Messiah
Family Discussion Questions:
- What are the throne and footstool of God?
- How does God view the religious obedience of people who don’t care about His Word?
- In what way does non-Gospel worship act as though it can make God do things?
- How is this the opposite of the Gospel?
- What does it mean to be humble and contrite in spirit?
- How did God know that the people didn’t tremble at His Word?
- Who is the son born for the salvation of Zion?
- Who are the children of Zion?
- What are the people of Jesus comforted from?
- What does it mean to rejoice and grieve over Zion or the church?
- What do you think is meant by these gifts of God being overflowing?
- What will be the portion of those who are not part of Christ’s Bride?