1. God uses wicked tools for holy purposes
2. The wicked rulers used by God foolishly think they are stronger than He
3. God will judge the arrogant tools He uses
4. The same holiness which condemns, also forgives and reconciles those whom God calls “my people”
Family Discussion Questions:
1. Who was the wicked tool which God used to punish Israel and Judah?
2. Why was God punishing His people?
3. What were the differences between Assyria’s desires and God’s?
4. God promised that both His people and Assyria would become “remnants”. What would be the difference between the two?
5. Why did preserve a remnant for Zion?
6. How far did Assyria get in its desires to wipe out God’s people and all other nations?
7. What word pictures did God use to describe how foolish it was for Assyria to boast?
8. Why should we not fear power men - even those who have terribly wicked motivations?
9. If God is never the author of sin, how then can Scripture say that He is sovereign over and even the author of events which include terrible wickedness?