1. The sufferings of the Christ and the subsequent glories were God’s glorious plan
2. The Risen Christ shares the glories of sonship
3. The Risen Christ shares the glories of enjoying peace with God
4. The Risen Christ shares the glories of The Holy Spirit’s presence
5. The Risen Christ shares the glories of forgiveness
6. The Risen Christ shares the glories of a beautiful mission
7. The Risen Christ shares the glories of life in His Name
8. The Risen Christ shares His glories with all who have faith in Him
9. The foolish preaching of the resurrection will bring many sons to glory
10. The Risen Christ shares a glorious feast with his people.
Family Discussion Questions:
1. Did any of Jesus’ followers expect the resurrection?
2. Were the disciples expected to believe without evidence?
3. Explain the difference between how we are to believe and how the first disciples were to believe
4. What is the difference between blind faith and Gospel faith?
5. Explain how the resurrection how by the resurrection Christ shares:
- Joy and peace with God
- The Spirit’s presence
- His beautiful mission
- Life in His Name
6. With whom does Christ share the glories He earned on the cross?
7. What does it mean to have faith in Christ?
8. How does the resurrection shape how we understand the whole of Scripture?
9. How should the event of the miraculous catch of fish teach us about the growth of the family of God?