1. The Spirit of God kills those who Christ purchased with His blood
2. The Spirit of God gives life to those who Christ purchased with His blood
3. The Spirit of God transforms how we view the sins of people in our church
4. The Spirit of God transforms how we view the ministry of the Word of God
5. The Spirit of God transforms how we view the needs of others
Family Discussion Questions:
1. What does mortification mean? Why would Paul focus on desires?
2. What does it mean to keep in step with the Spirit? How is this different than some common misunderstandings of that phrase?
3. Why does the Gospel change our hearts’ attitude toward the sins of others?
4. What are the dangers when helping a person who has fallen into sin, and what is Paul’s instruction for how to avoid that?
5. What is a common “sowing and reaping” teaching of false teachers?
6. What are the examples of “spiritual sowing” which Paul gives here?
7. Based on the book so far, what would “spiritual reaping” mean?
8. Why would this kind of “spirituality” be more restful while also requiring more perseverance than the “spirituality” the false teachers were promoting?