1. Confidence in your works is foolish and pleasing to Satan
2. Christ is both the Author and the Perfector of your faith
3. All those who have faith in Christ have the Holy Spirit
4. All those who have faith in Christ are forgiven heirs
Family Discussion Questions:
1. In what way is falling to false teaching the work of the devil?
2. In what way is falling to false teaching simply foolishness?
3. How does the Word of God and the Spirit of God make sense of and defeat both of those problems?
4. What would be the difference between someone who believes you begin by works, and someone who believes you begin by faith by finish by works? Have you been either of those people?
5. By what event in their own day would the Galatians know that any people who had not kept the Law of God were justified by faith?
6. By what event many centuries before the Galatian church could they know that people are justified apart from the Law?
7. By what ongoing reality in their own day could the Galatians know that they themselves, had the Spirit and forgiveness and adoption?
8. Share the Gospel in such a way that even Abraham in his day would have been able to say. What needs to be said now that doesn’t change Abraham’s Gospel, but clarifies it?