- In Josiah we appear to meet Israel’s last hope for a good son of David.
- Despite His love for the Lord, Josiah ultimately failed to be what God’s People needed to be saved.
- In Christ, we meet the true and better last son of David, who can secure a salvation for His people which no other king could.
- What are some of the things that set Josiah apart as an exemplary Son of David?
- Josiah sought the Lord even at a young age. How can this be a helpful exhortation to us as we raise our kids? What does our parenting say about our confidence in God’s Word and His Spirit?
- What does Josiah’s response to the finding of the book of the law teach us about repentance?
- How does Josiah respond to the prophecy of Huldah? What does that tell us about him as a king?
- Why was it so significant for the king to restore the passover?
- What was signifiant about the lamenting for Josiah, which our author says took place “to this day?” Why did the Jews lament for Josiah for so long?
- What does Huldah’s prophecy tell us about the consequences for sin and what is necessary for God to save sinners from His wrath?
- What role does Josiah play in the prophetic picture of Jesus that God has been painting throughout the reign of the descendants of David?