- Why we should delight in the fear of the Lord
- He is unashamed to bring enemies into His family
- The coming of Immanuel will bring an utter end to sin
Family Discussion Questions:
- What things did Ahaz fear?
- What things did his fear push him to do?
- What was the water illustration the Lord used to describe Ahaz’s fear?
- What prompted the godly “Good Samaritan” response from the men of Israel?
- How does this foreshadow the Lord Jesus’ kindness to his enemies?
- What has made you feel like the Lord would be ashamed to call you his sibling? How does this passage lovingly correct that?
- Why is the Second Coming of the Lord a frightening thing?
- How does the First Coming of the Lord make His Second Coming a glorious hope for His brothers and sisters?
- How do people who long for Immanuel seek wisdom for the waiting?