- O for a Messiah with the strength of the Lord
- O for a Messiah who makes the land a beautiful safe garden for his people
- O for a Messiah who loves the holiness of God
- O for a Messiah who opens the eyes, ears and hearts of his people
Family Discussion Questions:
- What lovely things did the Lord do through Uzziah as He strengthened him?
- Which of those things is most lovely to you right now as you long for the full reign of Uzziah’s great Son Jesus
- What sin did Uzziah try to commit? What did that sin reveal about his view of holiness?
- What makes self-righteousness more deadly than trusting in your own physical strength?
- Why are those two sins so often connected?
- Where did Jotham succeed where his dad Uzziah did not?
- What does this tell us about the goodness of God’s physical blessings?
- Where did Jotham’s reign fall short where Christ’s will succeed?
- How does the Lord Jesus’ ministry fulfill the vision of Isaiah in the temple?
- When do you typically tend to treasure the gift which Christ gives which was symbolized by the coal from the altar?