- It is because the Lord loves His people that He anoints for them a wise king
- The King builds a temple where a sacrifice will be bound to the altar to face the wrath of God for our sins
- The Messiah secures the fellowship, cleansing, nourishment, life and light of God for His beloved people
Sermon Discussion Questions:
- What does Hiram King of Tyre say is the reason that God gave Israel a wise king?
- Did God need a temple to live in?
- Why do God’s people need a temple?
- Why do God’s people need a sacrifice?
- Why would God’s temple be so rich?
- What were the horns on the altar for?
- What did the lamp stands and the table for bread tell us about belonging to God?
- What bound Christ to the cross?
- Our rebellious nature tends to hate having a holy ruler who gives us commands. How would understanding God’s love help us to enjoy having Christ as not only our Saviour but also our King?
- What two things, in the New Covenant, are said to be God’s Temple?