2 Chronicles 1
- Solomon founds his rule on a dependance of God and love of His law.
- Solomon desires what would make him the best servant of God and Shepherd of His people.
- In response to Solomon’s dependance and humility, God establishes and honours Solomon
- Christ demonstrated perfect humility and faithfulness, for which He will be eternally glorified and His kingdom eternally established.
- What was the significance of Solomon going to Gibeon and sacrificing a thousand burnt offerings?
- What is the reason Solomon asks God for wisdom?
- What would it mean that Solomon desires that God would “let your word to David my father be now fulfilled”?
- Why is God so pleased with Solomon’s request?
- What is the reason for the Chronicler explaining the great wealth of Solomon in verses 14-17)?
- How does Jesus exemplify Solomon’s quality of choosing what would benefit His people over Himself?
- How does God respond to the humility and faithfulness of Jesus?