- The Triumphal Entry is the undeniable announcement that Jesus was the true Messiah.
- There were still many misconceptions regarding the Messiah’s salvation and kingdom
- The Messiah saved us by dying for us to establish a creation-wide, eternal, kingdom of peace with God.
Family Discussion questions:
- What made Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem so important for the Jewish people?
- Why was it important that so many crowds had gathered to call Jesus the Son of David?
- What does this moment represent in relation to all of Jesus’ ministry?
- What was the significance of Jesus riding into the city on a donkey?
- What were some of the present misconceptions about Jesus running through the Pharisees and even Jesus’ followers?
- How was Jesus’ messianic salvation different than what some people might have expected?
- What does Psalm 118, which the crowd quotes, tell us about Jesus’ salvation?
- What do the prophecies Jesus fulfills in His triumphal entry tell us about His kingdom?
- What misconceptions might we be prone to have about Jesus even after we acknowledge Him as the Messiah?