- The charge to God’s Bride: Follow the Man of God’s Choosing
- The charge to God’s Messiah: Build the temple according to God’s chosen plan
- This will depend on a heart with undivided devotion to the first commandment
- Rejoice that the Lord’s promise endures
Family Discussion Questions:
- Why would you need to combine David and Solomon’s reigns to get the ideal reign?
- Why was it critical that Israel know how to identify God’s chosen king for them?
- What was the charge given to Solomon?
- What stood in the way of the full enjoyment of that plan(hint: heart)?
- How does Christ meet the ideal of both David and Solomon’s reigns?
- How does He satisfy the two “heart” problems which were exposed by the reigns of David and his sons?
- How does Christ’s messiahship (His Gospel) produce a true obedience of the first commandment in His people (hint: freewill offerings)?
- In what ways has the last year exposed the difference between the joys the world offers and the joy of Christ?
- How did God the Father publicly declare that Jesus had fulfilled his role as the perfect Messiah? (Hint: Philippians 2)