- Authority is part of God’s design to demonstrate and enjoy His character
- God divided human authority into different institutions
- Human hearts will be prone to deny God’s design for authority
- Christ, the final Davidic Messiah fulfills the responsibilities of every institution
Family Discussion Questions:
- What kinds of leaders did David set up for Israel in Chapter 27?
- What part of God’s character does the design for human authority demonstrate?
- What human institutions of authority did God institute?
- Why is the common “obey unless commanded to do what God forbids or forbidden to do what God commands” insufficient?
- What are some ways that the authority of church and government get confused?
- What are some ways that the authority of church and family commonly get confused?
- What are some ways that the authority of family and government get confused?
- Why does this take great wisdom and patience?
- How does Christ fulfill the role of Father, Lord, King, and Husband?