Israel Hoped for a King of Righteousness to establish a Kingdom of Righteousness
Jesus came to create a righteous people for God.
We hope for a new world of righteousness, brought about by the glorification of God’s people and the judgement of the wicked.
Family Discussion Questions:
- How did the actions of the kings of Israel inflence of necessarily affect the people?
- In what ways had God historically cleansed His land?
- What do we see in the prophets of the character of the branch of David?
- How does the branch's character necessarily affect his people?
- What did Jesus do to create a righteous people for His Kingdom?
- Why was Jesus' own righteousness so essential to His establishing His kingdom of righeousness?
- In what way to we receive a righteous name from Jesus? How do we receive righteousness itself?
- What are the ways we are meant to expect Jesus to bring about His kingdom of righgeousness?
- How does our expectation influence what we hope for and how we hope as Christains now?