In the Lord’s Supper, believers commemorate the atoning sacrifice of Jesus to save His people.
In the Lord’s Supper, God declares through His church those who are united to Christ and each-other.
In the Lord’s Supper, God spiritually nourishes His people.
Family Discussion Questions:
1. What are the connections between Lord’s Supper and passover?
2. What about the gospel is in view when we take the Lord’s Supper?
3. Why is it important that the Lord’s Supper be taken only when all the church is invited?
4. Why is it not really the Lord’s Supper when we refuse to let certain members come to the table?
5. Why is it not really the Lord’s Supper when we invite anyone to come to the table?
6. What are the benefits our children receive from watching rather than participating in the supper?
7. How do we actually benefit from the meal of the Lord’s Supper?