- Judge for the sake of the one excluded
- Judge for the sake of the church
- Judge for the sake of the world
- Judge for the sake of the glory of God
Family Discussion Questions:
- If the Day of judgment brings fire leaving no sin unpunished, how can the church look forward to that Day?
- What does the Bible say is the test to see if a person can be considered part of your church? What happens if we add or take away from that standard?
- How was the Corinthian church sinning against the unrepentant man by continuing to affirim that they were his church?
- How was the Corinthian church sinning against the other members by affirming this man's involvement in the church?
- How was the Corinthian church, by failing to excercise judgment in the church, sinning against their non-Christian neighbours?
- How does the fact that the church is Christ's body which He purchased with His blood help us to understand how the Corinthian church was also sinning against Christ?
- How would this passage challenge a person who thought they didn't need a local church?
- Do you agree that both a church and the individual believer must agree before that person can be considered part of that church? How would you demonstrate that from Scripture?