David clings to the Lord's Messiah Exalting Plan
Clinging to God in the midst of idols
- Clinging to idols in the midst of God
Family Discussion Questions:
- Why did David not kill Saul when he had the chance?
- What about David's time in Philistia shows David's weak faith?
- What does David's loyalty in the middle of weak faith demonstrate about God?
- What was the difference between David's throne and Saul's?
- What was the difference between the Holy Spirit's work in David and in Saul?
- Why did Saul turn to a medium?
- Why should we be terrified when the church turns to pagan practices to worship and know Jesus?
- Why should Christians cling to Christ even when it is painful?
- Why can Christians not fully or finally fall away from trusting in God's Messiah-exalting plan?