- The love of the redeemer expressed in court
- The cost of redemption fully paid
Family Discussion Questions:
- Why was the love of Boaz not enough to redeem Ruth and Elimelech?
- Why did the other redeemer decide not to redeem the land?
- Why would we say that Boaz stood in Elimelech or Mahlon's place?
- How is the love of Christ for the church connected to the legal demands of God's law?
- Why would God not be able to ignore His law and punishments for sin?
- Why can you be certain, if you have repented of sin and trusted in Christ, that the law now and forever testifies in your favour?
- The other redeemer was worried about gaurding his "name" but Boaz was not. What was the ironic ultimate result of this?
- How does this help us to understand the humility and glory of Jesus and His worthiness to be praised?