- Seeking the favour of the Redeemer God provides
- The Redeemer delights to redeem
- The Redeemer will not rest until He gives rest to His bride
Family Discussion Questions:
(For families or for church family groups)
- What did Naomi think was needed for Boaz to give Ruth a favourable response?
- Did Boaz resent it or rejoice that he was being asked to redeem Ruth?
- Why did Boaz not marry Ruth immediately?
- If Boaz is the example of the ideal kinsman redeemer in God's eyes, what would we learn about Christ, the Church's kinsman redeemer?
- What impact does it have on your heart to know that Christ doesn't merely agree to redeem you but delights to do so? What verses tell us this is true?
- In what ways is the return of Christ long? in what ways should we consider it short/soon?
- Why has Christ not returned yet?
- What are events which make you cry out, "how long?"
- What promises does the Lord make about the waiting time that are particularly precious to you?