Ruth 1:1; Judges 2
- The Inheritance of the Lord was Incomplete
- Israel was Adulterous
- The Lord Repeatedly and Graciously Brought Her Rest
- We Need a King From the Lord
Family Disussion Questions:
- Why was Israel not enjoying her full inheritance of the land?
- Israel rarely officially rejected the Lord. Why was that not enough?
- What was the result of Israel being without a king?
- What were some of the blessings God gave through the Judges?
- What made the Judges and their "rest" incomplete?
- How does the rest given by the redemption of Christ satisfy what is lacking in the work of the judges?
- Why are the Lord's eyes better than ours for determining what is right?
- How does the book of Judges encourage you about the Lord's covenant faithfulness toward you, a sinner?
- What does this book teach people who are counting on redemption which does not include repentance?
- Where in your life is the Lord calling you to repentance as part of His own covenant faithfulness?