- Jesus' people recognize lust as adultery
- Jesus' people honour marriage
- Jesus is faithful to his bride
Family Discussion Questions:
Younger and Older:
- What does Jesus mean when He tells us to cut out the eye or hand that leads us to sin?
- How are we meant to treat members of the opposite gender in the church?
- What is the primary reason that God created men and women and created marriage for them?
- How did Jesus honour God’s commands regarding marriage?
- In what ways had the Pharisees watered down God's law concerning adultery?
- How had the Pharisees changed the purpose of Moses' instructions concerning divorce?
- Why does Jesus say “except for sexual immorality” when He rules out all reasons for divorce?
- What are our marriages meant to say about Jesus? How would lust and adultery negatively affect that picture?
- What does Jesus’ covenant faithfulness to His church mean for us when we do sin?