Jesus fulfills the command not to murder by...
- creating a people who do not hate or slander
- creating a people that love reconciliation and love
- reconciling us to God
Family Discussion Questions:
Younger and Older:
- Why do people want to water down God’s law?
- How does Jesus raise the bar for the command "do not murder" above how that command was being taught?
- Why does hating each-other go against God's command not to murder
- How did Jesus keep and fulfill the command "do not murder?"
- When Jesus says “you have heard it said...but I say,” is He contrasting himself with Moses?
- What was the reasoning behind God's command not to murder?
- The command "do not murder" is expressed as a negative. What are the "positive" ways we are meant to honour the command?
- What do the two examples Jesus gives say about our reconciliation?