- Being salt means permanence
- Being salt means preservation
- Being salt means purity
- Light displays
- Light directs
Younger and Older:
- In what ways does Jesus want His followers to preserve in the world?
- In what ways can we lose our saltiness?
- How does this passage help us understand our role in the world outside of the church?
- What can be the danger of us just assuming we are too unimportant for anyone in the world to notice us?
- What did it mean when God or people made a covenant of salt? What does this tell us about what it means for us to be salt?
- What effect do we have on the church when we lose our saltiness?
- What else in the Bible is referred to as light? How does this affect our view of what it means to be lights?
- In what ways are good works important as the light we shine? What do our good works show?