- Persevere in loving the family of God
- Hospitality's goal is the making of family out of strangers
- Use other believers to celebrate that Christ shared in your suffering
Family Discussion Questions
Younger and Older:
- How does someone become a Christian's brother or sister?
- How is hospitality like a living parable or play or skit about how Jesus saved us?
- Christ considers the church as being His body. What did that mean when it was time for us to get a punishment from God?
- What were the reasons that the first recipients of this letter may have been tempted to stop or limit brotherly love? How about you?
- Why should having believers in your church who remain strangers to you be something you should always be intentionally working against?
- Do you know your church well enough to know who is suffering? What can you do to change that?
- Who in your church is suffering, and how can you "identify" with them?