- The Lord loves obedience not sacrifices
- Christ will come again to crush disobedience
- Christ's sacrifice creates law-keepers out of enemies
Family Discussion Questions:
Younger and Older:
- Why were sacrifices only necessary after Adam and Eve sinned?
- Did Jesus come only to forgive you or also to make you obedient?
- What will Jesus do to rebellion when He returns?
- Why will this not happen to people who trust in Jesus?
- How can we be both sanctified and being sanctified at the same time?
- Psalm 40, quoted in our text, includes the leader talking about his own sin - how can this be if it refers to Christ and He had no sin?
- Explain using this text how a Gospel which requires more payment for sins is no Gospel at all.
- Explain using this text how a Gospel which does not create people who are "being sanctified" is no Gospel at all.
- How can you use this passage to help another person persevere in holding the true Gospel?