- Stand firm in the Lord
- Standing firm protects us through anxieties and despair
- Standing firm protects us from division
Family Discussion Questions:
Younger and Older:
- Why do we need the church to help us stand firm in the Lord?
How can God tell us to rejoice even when we are sad?
- What things does God want us to remember are true when we are hurting or sad?
- Is there anyone you are angry at or fighting with? What do the true things we know about the Gospel show us to do about that anger or disagreement?
- How do false teachers manipulate and use our anxieties and worries?
- In light of that, what do we most need to remember when we are experiencing real pain or anxiety?
- How is the peace of God different from the peace that is promised by other religions or self-help movements?
- How does making our requests known to God help us to lay down our anxieties?
- How can division in the church arise out of our anxieties?
- Considering this list of things we are meant to think on, how much of my time am I spending dwelling on these things? How much time am I spending on things that distract me from or work against my relationship with God?