- Be strengthened by those confessing and pursuing Christ
- Be warned by those pursuing the world yet confessing Christ
- Wisely consider the end of those whom you admire
Family Discussion Questions:
Younger and Older:
- Should you be impressed with a person tries to figure out following Jesus on their own?
- Why should you be trying to find Christians who are faithfully walking with Jesus?
- Who really is the god of people who claim to be Christians but care more about feeling good or having good things?
- What will Jesus do for Christians when He returns on the last day?
- Paul makes sure to tell the church to imitate those who follow the way of life of the Apostles. Why is it good news that we're not encouraged to follow the example of Christians who make up their own way of following Christ but who follow the example given in the Bible?
- What is the impact of Paul giving only two polar opposite examples of who we can follow?
- How does this passage help to explain why hospitality is a requirement for church leaders, and irreplaceable for true discipleship?
- Use this passage to show that Paul is not telling us that it is not the body or its desires that is evil.
- How do our pursuits and hopes reveal where we belong and who we belong to?