- Striving to know Christ, His death and resurrection
- Because Christ has made me His own
- Do not look back
- How God keeps His promise to reveal what lies ahead
Family Discussion Questions:
Younger and Older:
- A person is saved by trusting in Jesus, not in what a person can do. But what then is a Christian supposed to try hard to do?
- Why was Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt?
- What did Paul say is the reason he really wants to make the Gospel his own?
- In the previous passage, Paul mentions knowing Christ, knowing the power of His resurrection, and becoming like Him in His death. How do each of those three describe the goals of the Christian life?
- Paul denies that perfection is possible this side of Heaven, but is he indicating that maturity isn't possible or worth striving for?
- Think back over the course of your Christian life; where has it been especially difficult to "forget what lies behind?
- "What is it that God is promising to reveal in this passage, and what would Scripture tell us about how He would reveal that?