1. An enduring embrace of the Apostles’ teaching
2. An enduring self-denying love of their church family
3. An enduring participation in the ministry of their church family
4. Honour which reminds us of the Gospel of Christ
Family Discussion Questions:
Younger and Older:
- How do we know that Epaphroditus loved the Philippian church?
- Why is important to believe only things about God that the Apostles taught?
- How was Epaphroditus serving the Philippian church by going to Rome?
- How was the Philippian church supposed to treat Epaphroditus when he got back to them?
- How are the things which the Bible counts as honourable related to the Gospel?
- What about Epaphroditus’ mission would have been seen as shameful from the perspective of the world or of man-made religion?
- How have you seen the church be tempted to pursue a worldly honour at the expense of Gospel honour?
- What are the ways in which the church shows honour to people?