- A Son of David that has always been the Son of God
- Our peace will be as complete and lasting as His righteousness
- God will discipline His Son
Family Discussion Questions:
Younger and Older:
- What did King David want to do for God?
- What did God promise to do instead of accepting this offer?
- Why does the peace that Jesus gives last longer than the peace other kings gave to Israel?
- If you trust in Jesus, God has become your Father because Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead. Does God care about the obedience of His adopted children?
- What title qualified the Son of David to stand in for the people of God?
- Every king in the line of David received the same promise; that he would be to God as a son. Jesus is also a son of David, but what makes Him unique from the rest of those kings?
- What is the difference between being punished as an enemy and being disciplined as a son?
- Why and how does God discipline the church?
- Why is it better to have a peace with God that depends on Christ's righteousness rather than on your own righteousness?
- Read Luke 2:1-14. How does 2 Samuel 7 help you to better appreciate why the birth of Jesus was such Good News?