- The Wages of Sin is Death
- Justice and Compassion for the Vulnerable
- While we were yet enemies
- You Have been set apart for God
Family Discussion Questions:
- Why does being in the New Covenant of Jesus change how God's people deal with sin?
- Does this mean that sin is less serious?
- What are the vulnerable groups that the Lord warns His people to not take advantage of?
- What are the reasons He gives for them to be compassionate toward those people?
- What are the vulnerable groups in your community?
- Have you ever felt pressure to side with the majority?
- How did Jesus respond to our needs while we were enemies of His?
- What does it mean to be holy or set apart for God?
- How did God guard the dignity of young women?
- How did the giving of firsts help Israel to remember that God had rescued them from Egypt and treated them like His firstborn son?
- What did God do for us so that we could share in Jesus' inheritance as God's Firstborn Son?
- How do the commands given to Israel flow from the truth that their Heavenly Father is both compassionate and holy?