God Shows His Glory Through:
- The Foreigner
- The Firstborn
- The Feast
To think about and discuss:
- Why is it significant that a foreigner must be circumcised before they can celebrate Passover?
- We are free from sin and slaves to Christ. What does this tell us about the gospel? How were we freed from sin? How do we live as slaves of Jesus?
- How are we set apart and consecrated for God? How should we live in light of that?
- "Our consecration is not based in our deliverance from judgement, rather our deliverance is based upon our being set apart for God, by God"- explain and evaluate
- Why do you think it is so important to teach our kids the "Why" we do what we do in church and not just "what" we do? What excuses do we use to avoid this reality?
For further study:
- 1 Corinthians 11:23–29 lays down guidelines for celebrating the Lord’s Supper. How do these compare with the guidelines for the Passover? Do the feasts shed light on each other?
- Read Exodus 13:1–16 again, and think about the relationship between redemption and consecration. How is this theme developed in the following passages:
- Isaiah 62:12
- Ephesians 1:3–7
- 1 Peter 1:13–18