- God insists on diversity in marriage to declare the glory of the Gospel
- The unique roles of husband and wife preserve the dignity of Christ and the dignity of His Church
- God's assignment of diverse roles in marriage guards the dignity of women and the dignity of men
- What do husbands and wives have in common in how they are to show they love Jesus?
- What is the unique way that a husband shows that he loves the Gospel?
- What is the unique way that a wife shows that she loves the Gospel?
- How do God's instructions for husbands and wives show that both Christ and the Church are dear to Him?
- What warning does God give to a husband who makes selfish decisions or who is harsh with his wife?
- How does understanding why God has made these instructions help us to follow them with gladness?
- Leaving the roles of "leader" or "first-to-be-sacrificed" up to preference or perceived value ends up threatening the value of a spouse. How would this be true in a culture that sees receiving sacrificial love to be dishonourable? How would this be true in a culture that sees receiving sacrificial love to be a privilege for the most valuable?
- Can you think of an example of a marriage where a misunderstanding of God's design (or an outright rejection of it) resulted in sorrow?
- Can you think of an example of a marriage where God's design resulted in beauty?
- What comfort does God's Word give for a wife with an unloving husband? How about for a husband with an unloving wife?