- We are called to take what God has provided and work with it to pursue blessing.
(Proverbs 31:10-31; Proverbs 26:13-16)
- Though wealth is not evil, the Glory of God must be the ultimate goal of our toil.
(Proverbs 12:11-12; Proverbs 13:11; Proverbs 3:9)
- Though significance is good, the glory of God must be the ultimate goal of our toil.
(Proverbs 22:29, Proverbs 12:24, Proverbs 31:30)
- Working is part of how we are to delight in Christ's finished work on the cross for us.
(Proverbs 23:4-5; Ephesians 4:17-24, 28)
- What is the purpose of work?
- Is Bible ministry that only work that matters to God?
- Some are tempted to view their job and co-workers as only a way to get a paycheck. Why is that a problem even if they use their paycheck to do godly things?
- Is wealth evil?
- What is a God-honouring way to view work and wealth?
- What is a God-honouring way to view work and significance?
- What is the difference between Christ's finished work on the Cross and our work?
- How does the finished work of Christ transform how we view work?