- Do not speak evil another who's also been adopted by God through the blood of Jesus
- Speaking evil against a Christian disregards God's Law
- May our speech mirror the One we're trusting to save us from the judgment we deserve
Sermon Discussion Questions:
- Is it ungodly to make any judgments about the actions of other believers?
- What might be examples of when the loving thing to do is to judge someone's actions?
- For James' original audience, what did the relationships look like in which the believers were speaking evil of one another?
- How does speaking evil against a believer add to the law of Christ? What would be an example of judging by an addition to the law?
- How does speaking evil against a believer take away from the law of Christ?
- What is the difference between sentencing a person and warning them?
- What tempts you to speak negatively about someone else?
- In what ways have you judged someone in an evil way?
- How ought the nature of Jesus' word about us who He's saved shape how we talk about others?